Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thank you Beary Scrap Girls

*Update 9/6/10:  Yayyy!  I made Top 3 at Wild Orchid Crafts!!!!  Thank you SO much!  I am giddy with delight!  Their lovely badge is on my sidebar .. sigh .. still smiling!!!  :)

Hello Friends!  Well, this is my last card as DT member for The Beary Scrap ... my goodness gracious ... time sure flies doesn't it?!  I have had such a wonderful time working with these lovely women, and enjoyed myself tremendously seeing what they create each week!  Thank you so much to Kimm for having me on your awesome team, Susan, Gini, Jamie and Patricia for always giving me support and lots of giggles!  You girls are such a true delight ... and I will miss you tons!

So this weeks theme at The Beary Scrap is "Dog Days of Summer"!!!  Okay, well, that threw me for a short bit also as Susan had mentioned in her last post.  hehe!  But when I saw this Tilda with her little parasol, I immediately wanted to use her for this theme.  She looks like she's going to a beautiful garden picnic or something on a Summer day, or going to sit by a lake to watch some swans ... hehe. 

And then I used some vintage K&Co journaling papers in the background, since for some reason ... Summertime always makes me think of long letters being written between friends and lovers also.  I think it's because when I was younger, I'd write my friends during the summer since we all headed on different vacations for the entire 3 months.


I am also entering this card into:
1.  Stampin for the Weekend :  Anything Goes
2.  Wild Orchild Crafts :  Make it Sparkle

 The Fun Stuff:
Image:  Magnolia
Papers:  K&Co
Medium:  Prisma Colored Pencils

Thank you so much for visiting me and I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!

Hugs,
Elise

21 comments:

Scrapmumur said...

OH...my dear Elise...this is superb card!!!
Lovely papers and Tilda is very adorable.
I love the look.
Have a nice day.
Big hugs, Murielle

Cheryl said...

OMG Elise this is so very pretty.....so much beautiful detail and I just love that GORGEOUS soft colouring!!!
Hugs xx

Patricia said...

Elise your card came out so pretty, Im going to miss all your group comments but I know we will see each other all the time in blog land and I hope you can come back and play with us in the future. It's been a blast working with you on The Beary Scrap.
Big Hugs to you.
~Patricia

Chelsea said...

Oh No...is it already the last card for TBS. Time does fly by when you're having fun! They will miss you too Elise! :)
This is yet another beautiful card! Love this layout Elise, and the vintage papers...whew! Beautiful flower clusters as always, and I love those mini balls thingy! lol
Always love visiting your blog!
Luv,
Chelsea

Juls said...

just absolutley beautiful!! Love it! Hugs Juls

Kim said...

Wow Elise this is BEAUTIFUL hun! Such a wonderful card and gorgeous coloring on Tilda...she's so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Sassylassy said...

Oh wow Sunshine your leaving Beary Scrap with a huge bang with this master piece!!!!! Tilda does look like she's ready for a garden party. I want to dress up like that and go to a garden party FUN! Gorgeous paper and lace. But oh my I am drooling over all those stunning flowers Wowza baby!!!!
Love Bonnie

Shirley N said...

Hi Elise, I've been sooo waiting for your post--you've been gone too long, lol!

Wow, this is such a SWEET and GORGEOUS card, I love this Tilda and you colored her to perfection! And your layouts are always so pretty--love the lace, die cuts and flowers, all so beautiful! Wonderful card girl-- Beary Scrap must be so sad to see you go! Have a wonderful day!

stempelhexe said...

Oh what a wonderful card, the stamp is so cute and the combination of the colours is really fantastic, great !!!

Greetings
Ulla

Denise said...

She definitely reminds me of summer too. So cute! I remember those long letters too. Now people just text nonsense at each other all day. I miss getting real letters.

Therese said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card. Tilda is sooo sweet and the colouring is perfect. Love the beautiful papers and flowers. :)

Kate's Makes said...

This is so elegant! I love the image and those gorgeous flowers! Thanks for playing along with the SFTW challenge and good luck :o) Kate x

Anonymous said...

Top site, I hadn't noticed paperloveaffair.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Carry on the excellent work!

Annie said...

such a pretty card with little Miss Tilda!
enjoy the weekend.
hugs, annie x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Elise this is utterly stunning!
Such a beautiful creation your colouring is superb ad your paper and detail gorgeous!
Good luck to your little one starting school!
hugs
kim x

Vanja said...

Stunning card, Elise! Fantastic colouring.
hugs, Vanja

Marlis said...

Die Karte ist soooo süß !!!
Liebe Grüße Marlis

Patricia said...

Awe Elise I love you to Im so glad we got to suprize you. We wish we could have seen your face when you saw our suprize. Watch the mail for your little bear and I know you will love it. And yes he is really for you. Enjoy my Queen! Yes thanks for the big hug back I felt it all they way here and was crying my self to read your kind words.
Love
Patricia

theCook said...

Your card is beautiful! Apparently the girls will miss you, I thought their blog hop was such a nice idea! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did...

stephanne said...

Now I have come over here a few times already to drool over this card and just haven't had the words manifest themselves in my mouth just yet. I saw this on ebay and was DEVASTATED, I thought if I complimented you enough about it, you'd send it to me :( Just kidding!! I love it though!! Soft browns and pinks with little pops of baby blue, your colouring is mesmerizing!! I can't wait til we get together some day and you show me how to make magic with the pencils, I will show you what I know about inks, it will be good times!! The shape around the image is fabulous, love the flowers and those neato stamen stems are fabulous, love the laces over the punch and well, did I name off everything? Yeah, I think I did. Really, the colouring here is friggin fab, now I have to go because I am going to enlarge the pic to drool over this some more, lol!!
hugs, stephanne

Sassylassy said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Whoooo hooooo Congratulations Sunshine you totally deserve it!!! Oh and your blinkie is sooooo cute. Oh gosh I'm so proud of you.
Love Bonnie