Hey Ya's! Hope you all had a beautiful weekend and a very Happy Mother's Day!!!
Every Mother's Day for the past few years .. my hubby will let Bodhi choose a card for me. And it never fails .. but Bodhi chooses the most PERFECT cards. It hits my heart and fills me with love .. but this year .. Bodhi's card literally made me cry. Flat out tears streaming down my cheeks as I opened it to read such beautiful words .. but the card also played the song, "You are my Sunshine". omword .. every time I hear that song I get so choked up!!!
It makes me think of ... childhood, of purity, of days when grasshoppers and worms were things to look forward to in my backyard as a kid, of singing it to my parents, of love and special friendships. Makes me think of my Bodhi being born, of how much I love him and how much happiness he brings to my life .. just so many memories and emotions all bundled up in a song.
Annnnnnyway .. lol! I made a card using a Mo Manning image called "Kissy" that I've had for some time and finally coloured her up. She makes me smile! And that pink lace behind is from the lovely Ribbon Girl Store. :)
Thank you so much for visiting me .. I truly do appreciate it! I'll see you again soon!
Have a lovely day!
Hugs,
Elise


13 comments:
Awwww no wonderful you got emotional receiving a wonderful card from your little one.... and to have it play that song..... wow!!! I'm so happy you had a fabulous day - our Mother's day was in March... and my girls (both close to 30) can still reduce me to tears with something they say in a card...
I love what you did with Kissy.... your colouring of the image is soooooo perfect.. her little blush cheeks.. and those fabulous red lips all puckered up waiting....... just GORGEOUS!!
Have a good week lovely lady..
Big hugs
Christine x
Your Bodhi must be a perfect card picker. Enjoyed reading about how you cherish him and flashback of your childhood days. I remember catching grasshoppers and digging for worms and touching them with my bare hands. Try asking me to do it now...eeeeewwwww, no thank you. LOL. As always, I love seeing all the details and amazing coloring on your ever-stunning card. Have a wonderful week.
Awww, it sounds like your lovely Bodhi picked the perfect special card for you. I am sure you will treasure it.
Your card is gorgeous, the image is so sweet and your colouring is stunning. All your detailing is so pretty too.
big hugs, Sue xx
Sooooooo Beautiful!!!! i'm fallen in love!!!!
Vale Bolilla ;)
A beautiful lovely romantic card with great flowers!!!
Hugsss, Gaby
Ohhhh sweetie this is just Gorgeous :0) hugs Pops x
Such a lovely post you have a very special son I was nearly in tears myself reading about your card. This card today is also very special I love this image I don't think I've seen it before and your design is just perfect with this stamp its all gorgeous. Enjoy your week Love and hugs Carole x
I can understand your tears Elise. I used to sing that song to my daughter.
your card is stunning. Love the image and the design is beautifully embellished.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. X
OMG and again an absolutely beautiful card!! Love your colouring and the colours you always use.
Big hugs, Nicole
oh she is so pretty on this soft colors
hugs
céline
Oh.....what a touching post...lovely Bodhi ,well trained in the card dept. So glad you had a good Mothers day.Your card is truly romantic and oh so beautifully coloured............really pretty. Hugs xx
I am now typing this with a tear in my eyes!!Songs have always been very important in my life. They supported me through both horrible times and the good times.
As Bodhi can choose such perfect cards for you, he is going to make a perfect husband! And believe me, it will be here in a blink of an eye. When my daughter was 40, she said the scary thing was she could remember my 40th party!! Treasure every day as I am sure you do.
I am lost for words now, regarding your masterpiece of art work again! Colouring - perfection. Design - perfection. Embellishments - perfection.
I think that adds up to a perfect masterpiece!!!
Hugs, Carol S.xx
Beautiful card, and I love the song that's now in my head! Thanks Elise.
Hugs
Annette
xx
Post a Comment