Monday, December 6, 2010

Belles 'n Whistles Christmas Glitter

Hi Friends!  Well, this week at Belles 'n Whistles Challenge blog, the most talented and lovely Lynda gave us a fun and super easy challenge .. "Christmas Glitter"!  Yayyy!  And you know I LOVE glitter!  I used glitter on the edges of all my papers and also on all my flowers .. can't get enough of it!  ;)

This first card was whipped up tonight .. luckily I already had the image colored and prepared from the days that I'm feeling good.  So all I did tonight was put everything else together.  :) 


Stamp:  Snowfight Snowbaby  (ohhhh how I LOVE her!!)
Paper:  MME
Medium:  Prisma Colored Pencils w/OMS

Now this second card is something that I had completed recently during my "good days".  This one actually is pretty special for me.  I started colouring this image all the way back in October .. and while I started colouring this .. I received the news from the doctor over the phone that I indeed had breast cancer.  I did not touch any of my crafting supplies for a long time, didn't want to even look at any of my craft things actually.

And only recently, I completed colouring her and finishing this card up.  To me, it symbolizes me completing all of my treatments that I still need to undergo .. and by golly .. it WILL be completed successfully!  :)


Paper:  K&Co, Prima
Medium:  Prisma Colored Pencils and OMS

Alright, I'm signing out for now!  I'm still not feeling very well .. not only is the chemo and the shot wearing me out, but I have caught a nasty cold as well.  I'm coughing up a storm like I'm entering in the Guiness World Book of Records or something .. LOL!!  So I'm off to rest now!

Please don't forget to join us at Belles 'n Whistles Challenge!  :)  We'd love to see you there!

Thank you so much for all of your love and support!

May the best of your todays, be the worst of your tomorrows ...
Elise

19 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW Elise they are just GORGEOUS,beautiful colouring and flowers!!! Well done on finishing the card you started in October,when your treatments are finished successfully,you should post this card again.Oh that is not good you have a nasty cold,take godd care of yourself!!
Huge Hugs xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi gorgheous lady i am loving your creations, your colours are just gorgeous and tyhe papers are fab, tyhese images are so susper cute too, big squishy hugs love Pops x x x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Hiya Elise

Both cards are stunning hunni :o)
Make sure you get your feet up hun and have plenty of rest, let everyone else run around after you, hope you get rid of your nasty cold very soon!!
Sending you
((((((get well soon cuddles)))))) and xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh GAWSH!! Girl, both of these creations are so stunning!! I really adore the beautiful coloring on your top card!! Yummy colors and the second card is just amazing!! :) Love those flowers!!TFS! HUGS

Christina said...

Wowww this is a stunning card Elise!! Really gorgeous!
Hugs Kristel

Brenda said...

these are beautiful! i'm so glad that you have not given up on crafting! you make the most wonderful cards! i hope you start to feel better soon esp. with that cough... it seems to be going around these days! take care!

Mary Lou said...

Dear Elise~~So glad to know you are back but you do have to step back and be selfish!!
Taking care of YOU is #1!!
Your cards are stunning~~as Always!! I just love the softness you bring to your art work :)
Prayers and well wishes sent your way..............
Hugz

Shirley N said...

Oh Elise, I'm soooo happy to see your post! Looking at these gorgeous cards, it's hard to believe you weren't in top shape when you crank out beauties like these! Both cards are absolutely stunning--your glittered edges, your sewing, all your beautiful flowers and your gorgeous coloring, so many wonderful details! I really missed seeing your cards. Sorry to hear you caught a cold, take care Elise! Sending you big hugs!!!

Louise said...

Beautiful cards Elise, love the coloring and colors on both cards

Murielle said...

Hi my dear Elise,
Wow....It's very STUNNING!!!!
Great look!!!!
I love it and all these details!!!!!
Wonderful colouring as always.
Have a nice week, I think of you!
Big big hugs, Murielle

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi Elise,I just love both cards, they are fabulous!Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous. Both images are so lovely! I'm sorry to read you have not been feeling weel. Take care of yourself, dear.
Hugs.

Cami said...

Both cards are so BEAUTIFUL, Elise! Both layouts, the DPs, your coloring is awesome as always, and such beautiful feminine trims and flowers. Do take care of your cold also. It made me so happy to see your posts although I'm a couple of days late! Hugs, Cami

Christina C. said...

Hi Elise! Your cards are works of art!! Absolutely PHENOMENAL....such beautiful coloring on your sweet images! All the special details on your cards are magnificent.
So glad you're being creative on your good days....wishing you well, Sweetie.
P.S. My niece just had surgery yesterday and she now has the implants in place. Whooohooo!!!!

Juls said...

both of these are just gorgeous!!! gorgeous images, and I love the fab soft colours and papers you have used, and of course all the glitter!!!

Thinking of you and sending big hugs

Juls!!!

Marlis said...

Hello Elise, both cards are so lovely !!!!!
I wish you all the best!!!
Many hugs Marlis

Jamie said...

Elise, this is beautiful and I was so glad to see you've been working on something! I hope you have a lot of good days. . . thank you so much for using that of that time to share with us. You are one special lady!

Big hugs and prayers!
Jamie

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh Sunshine congratulation on the completion of this gorgeous card. It sure shows how much courage and strength you have.

Your snowball fight card is fabulous. This is you Elise fighting like a champ. Kick some bootie girlfriend!!! Love you
Smooches Bonnie

stephanne said...

Awwwwww, now that is sweet!! Your triumph over those images in your second card turned out fabulously!! I love the little pops of brightness in the image and in the flowers too. And your triumph over that other thing that is going on will turn out successfully as well, oh yes, it will!!

And the top card, those dreamy, icicly colours, oh my!! How gorgeous!!! And a button!!! Buttons have never looked so good, those flowers are gorgeous and your colouring, oh what a sight for sore eyes, love the striped outerwear and just just just ALL of it!! Stunning work, these Belle's must be so thrilled to have you playing with them!!!

Here's wishing you more of those good days hun!!
hugs, stephanne

Renkata said...

Elsiem they are both just so precious.
I wish you all the best.
Have a holly jolly Christmas.