Sunday, December 14, 2014

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ...

Hey Ya's!  Are you ready for Christmas?!!!  OooH it's right around the corner!  ;)

My little Bodhi said something the other night that made my heart skip a beat and almost sink .. he asked me, "Mommy, do you believe in Santa?"  I quickly responded, "Why yes!!!!! Of course Bodhi!  Why do you ask?"  

He told me that one of his classmates said that Santa is not real .. and that Santa is Mom's and Dad's .. sigh .. I almost had tears in my eyes.  Time has flown by .. wayyyy too quick .. this isn't happening already.

I asked him, "What did you say? Do you still believe in Santa?" .. and he said, "Mommy, I told him that Santa IS real!  And I do believe in Santa!"

My heart felt relieved .. but as I looked at Bodhi .. I thought .. "How is it that this innocence ends just way too quickly?  Why can't it last forever?"

So this Christmas .. I believe he will receive a most SPECIAL letter from Santa.  ;)

Well, it's time for the last Lovely Lili Challenge of the year from the Ribbon Girl ... and this one is soooo easy .. "Anything Goes"!  

I've used some beautiful goodies from the Ribbon Girl Store such as:

And instead of colouring an image, I've used a lovely Lili of the Valley Sentiment from "Set 75 Christmas Wishes"






As always, generous prizes to be won from LOTV and The Ribbon Girl ...




Thank you so much for visiting me and I'd love to hear from you!  See you again soon!

Hugs,
Elise

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great work of you, Elise, well done!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Unknown said...

Aww it's heartbreaking when they find out Santa isn't real and all that xmas Magic gone!
Stunning card! The wreath look is fabulous I love the reindeer!
Lucy x

Carole Pollard said...

What a lovely post Yes we do believe in Santa !! your card is amazing just love the design and stunning flowers and sweet sentiment perfect love and hugs Carole x

Home sweet home said...

Hi

Wonderful,fabulous and stunning card.
Lovely details and colours.

Stunning work as always:D

Have a nice day.

Merethe

Carole said...

Oh Elise so sad that some kids have to spoil it for others! Perhaps Santa might forget them eh? Your card is lovely ....as always and I like the sentiment idea instead of an image....beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! hugs xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Elise! OMG, another card you knocked out of the park. I always love seeing all of the beautiful elements on your cards. Puts me in awe. And I would've felt the same way you did when your sweet Bodhi asked you that question. When our sons were little, my father-in-law, visited from Oahu and dressed up as Santa. Skinny as he was, he stuffed his clothes with pillows, rang the doorbell, and gave the boys a bagful of presents. Kodak moments. Enjoy these special times with your precious Bodhi. Have a great week.

Nataliascraft said...

This is so gorgeous Elise, beautiful details, love it x

Kristi said...

Just gorgeous!♥

Carol S. said...

A friend of mine had a similar talk with her daughter. So she said to her daughter, if you want to take the risk of not getting any presents, then stop beieving in Santa. The choice is yours. Her daughter thought for a few minutes and then said, I do believe in him!! Phew!! And she still did for a couple more years.
This card is incredible. It seems a bit of an insult to call it a card!! It is, as I always see your work, as artwork. Always stunning and beyond brilliant. You are so inspiring. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Murielle said...

Hi Elise,
You card is very stunning !!!
Lovely details and colors.
Have a nice day.
Big hugs, Mumur.

Dena said...

Love, love, love!!!! That is a gorgeous piece in the center and your use of the embellishments is amazing!!!! Such a work of art Elise!
Hugs, Dena

Shirley N said...

Your card designs are always amazing Elise. This card is stunning!!! I don't remember my sons age when he said this to me, "I knew Santa was you but I didn't tell you because that would mean I'd get only one gift instead of two". Now I don't know who was more devastated when reality struck, lol. We just don't want them to grow up do we? Have a great day sweetie! Hugs!

Jane Savage said...

So beautiful, Elise! So much gorgeous detailing! I think a letter to Bodhi from Santa is a lovely idea! It's sure to keep the magic alive! xxx

Danielle Champagne said...

Totally magical dear Elise. I love the round die cut very much and you corrugated paper background with the white paint. absolutely lovely bouquet. All is exquisite. xox

Anonymous said...

Stunning , love your makes. I remember when I found out Santa wasn't real - I was devastated ! Cherish the time xx

Annette said...

Gorgeous creation (like an earlier comment, it seems an understatement to call it a card), and I love your little laddie's comments. Glad he still believes in the magic.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Totally gorgeous, I love your stunning embellishments and the corrugated base - perfect! Aww I hope Bodhi keeps believing in Santa and enjoys his letter :)
Rebecca.
x

cathylynn said...

Your card is beautiful and I loved reading about your little son. Sure brought back some memories for me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Desire Fourie said...

Wow another gorgeous creation Elise. Just love the wreath and wonderful shabby chic feel to your creations.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}