Thursday, October 1, 2015

Dashing Thru the Snow ...

Hey Ya's!  Happy October 1st!  Wowwww .. can you believe it?  Another month has flown by and we are getting closer and closer to another new year .. eeeeek!

I've made my first Christmas card .. yup .. I am so ready for the Winter months as it is so hot here still.  I am tired of the heat so if any of you can send some cold weather this way .. I'd be truly grateful.  ;)

Okay, so I've seen shaker cards around for awhile as all of you lovely crafters have already done them .. I think I may be the only one who has not done one until now.  ;)  I thought they'd be difficult .. but it is actually quite fun and easier than I imagined!  

This wooden sled was from Michaels that I purchased last year .. I painted it with gesso, then covered it with lots of glitter (which of course is not visible in the photos .. grrrrrr!).  I put some seed beeds and sequins in the shaker .. so much fun I want to make more!  haha.







I'd like to enter this into the I am Roses Challenge .. "Anything Goes"

I really want to thank you for stopping by to visit me .. I appreciate it so much!

Wishing you a most beautiful day and hope to see you again soon!

Hugs,
Elise

16 comments:

Sammy said...

*sticks coldness into big envelope*. You will send me a little of that sunshine back, yes? ;-)

Stunning card Elise. I absolutely adore this. It will absolutely make someone's Christmas!

Must get started on mine... :-S x

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow... I looooooooooooooooove your card. and yes! yippe for Christmas cards! but... snif snif to another year flying by! I love the treatment you gave to the sled, and love the shaker card. this is my most favourite! It makes me happy! absolutely totally beautiful Elise. I want to see more!!! Hugs. xox

Carol S. said...

Love the sleigh and Elise you are so lucky having Michaels store. The berries, cones and flowers are all so beautiful. The snowflakes are truly winter butterflies! The fun shaker part is amazing!! As always, your arrangement of the embellishments is just stunning. You, my dear Elise, never fail to amaze and excite us............Keep Cool and Carry On!!! Oh!! I hope it cools down a bit for you. Big hugs, Carol S.xx

Carole Pollard said...

Oh this is a stunning card love that pretty sleigh and your fab shaker design it's wonderful love and hugs Carole x

Tamara said...

What a masterpiece!!!! Love the sledge. I made two shaker cards in my life, I think it was in 2012 or 13. Anyway ... it was some time ago and yes they are fun and not that difficult. heh
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs, t.

Sue said...

WOW! This has got to be one of the most beautiful shaker cards I have ever seen! I love the pretty wooden sled, stunning festive detailing and gorgeous colours.
I hope you have a beautiful weekend.
Big hugs, Sue xx

Home sweet home said...

Hi Elise

Your card is stunning,fabulous details and colours.

Have a nice weekend.

Merethe

Carole said...

Oooooh this is super stunning Elise. So pretty and I love the sleigh over the shaker aperture. I think I have made one shaker card in all my time...will have to think (more probable than do) about doing another! As for the heat...will willingly do a swap. Hugs xx

Christine L said...

I'm so glad you did a shaker card..... and how perfect it is!! The sled is fantastic (grrrr that Michaels won't open a branch in Yorkshire!) and all your fabulous details......... perfect! I'm glad you've caught the shaker card bug - and look forward to more of your stunning creations!

Have a good (maybe cooler?) weekend Sweetie..

Hugs
Christine x

Christina C. said...

This is truly a spectacular Christmas card....beautiful elements and design! Love the cute sled, but, alas, I have the same problem....glitter never shows up on photos!

Anonymous said...

Wow Elise this is just stunning. You are so talented xxx

katy said...

Gorgeous as usual Elise! I just started making my Christmas cards too! Like you, I need the cold weather now! xx

Shirley N said...

I love your beautiful shaker card Elise! Your design is stunning and I just love the dreamy, beautiful colors in your shaker box. Lovely work as always!

Tamara said...

Me again .... again ... love this!
Thank you for sharing with us at I am roses challenge blog this month, good luck!
Hugs,
Tamara xx

Jo said...

Love Christmas cards! Very beautiful. Thanks for joining the I Am Roses Challenge!

Rosemary said...

Girl, you know I'm a fan of your work and this one is outta this world beautiful!! Thank you for playing in our challenge at I Am Roses! Our new challenge is live today! Hope to see you playing along with us! Hugs, Rosie