Thursday, July 3, 2014

Altered Dress Form ...

Hey Ya's!  I hope you are all having a beautiful week so far and ready for the weekend!  :)

Well, today I have something quite different to show you .. I've altered my first metal dress form and I had a B-L-A-S-T!  Yes, I burned my fingers at least 20 times, and even blistered and tore my skin with one of the burns from the hot glue dripping on my fingers .. but I thoroughly enjoyed putting this together .. hahahaha!

This metal dress form is almost 2 feet tall (YES!  Tall right?!  LOL!)  and she's decorated with lots of flowers, bling, lace, tulle, yarn, pearls, and gems all from my stash.



Here's a closeup of her top half .. and do you see that heart tucked in there where our own heart would be?  :)  The large flower by her waist is actually pink (but it looks orange here) .. I bought that flower 4 years ago .. and have finally found the perfect project to use it for.  :)



I've added little metal flowers with bling all around her dress:



And I've added a string of pearls and crystals on the side of all that ribbon:



And here is what this dress form had looked like prior to altering:


Well, I appreciate you stopping by to visit me .. I truly love it when you do!  And for those of you here in the States .. wishing you a FABULOUS & SAFE 4th of July!!!!!!!  I'll see you again soon!

Big Hugs,
Elise

16 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful Elise just love what you have done
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Elise! Sorry to hear that you burned your fingers so many times making this but I would say it was worth it! All your detailing looks absolutely amazing and so pretty.
hugs Sue xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOWIE!!! Who would ever think a plain dress form could be altered to a masterpiece. OMGosh, sooooo much details. You must have a humongous stash of embellies. I'm in awe. Also, thank you for your sweet comment. Hope your 4th of July is a blast! Enjoy.

aussie aNNie said...

Wow elsie your dress form is real shabby chic and just love how you altered each piece into such a beautiful creation, very clever indeed. xxx.aNNie ♥

The Journey is the Start


Jane Savage said...

You need to go through some pain the achieve beauty they say, Elise, and you have certainly achieved beauty here. What an absolute stunner! xx

Carole said...

WOW Elise what a fabulous creation!! So much attention to detail and love. It looks so pretty and I hope it is adorning your dressing table!! It's great. Hope the burnt fingers are not too sore...all in the line of duty eh?

Christina C. said...

OMGosh, this is so lush, Elise!!!!
Love, love this altered project!!!
Wishing you a happy July 4th holiday!

Murielle said...

WOW...dear Elise you creation is very STUNNING !!!
I love it !
Big hugs, Murielle.

Annette said...

WOW. It's just stunning. Hope your burns recover soon though. (although I admit it looks like it was worth a few minor injuries as long as they were not too severe!) :0)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is seriously awesome!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

What a beautiful creation! Your embellishments look so pretty and wonderfully positioned. I'm sorry to hear about your crafting injuries but I trust that you thought it was worth it for the gorgeous final result!
Rebecca.

Creations by Shirl said...

How pretty, love your project! Lots of gorgeous blooms and blings and details to it... Just browsing through your recent postings and love what I see here..Very talented my friend....

Sheri said...

Ok, you're going to need my addresss,right? This would be so perfect in my craft room..and you knew that, right?!! :) Seriously though..this is breathtakingly GORGEOUS!!!

Nicole said...

WOW!! Sooooo very pretty and beautiful!! Hugs, Nicole

Anonymous said...

Wow this is totally amazing ! I just love it . Perfect x

Carol S. said...

Hi Elise, I nearly missed this amazin art work, as I was on holiday. You have done it again, completely blowing me away, with this stunning dress form!! The detail is so beautiful and worth all the injuries, I am sure!Lol! Hugs, Carol S.xx