Friday, October 31, 2014

Enjoy the Journey ...

Hey Ya's!  Happy Halloween!  Will any of you be doing anything special for Halloween?  :)  We'll be out Trick or Treating with Bodhi .. and I'll let you know how it goes on my next post.  hehehe!

So, I have started on an art journal for my special little Bodhi and hope to give it to him when he gets older.  This is actually a story book of his that he no longer reads and I found it the perfect size to alter.  

I'll fill it with inspirational quotes and verses .. and these will be things I want for him throughout his life.  I don't know how long it will take for me to complete his journal .. but it's okay .. this is something I don't want to rush.  I may do one layout page next month or next year .. it does not matter .. it will be his for him to keep.

I had grunge in mind when I made this cover .. I wanted it to be worn and tattered .. like an old book that has well kept secrets of the heart ...

I made quite a bit of mistakes during this process (for example the pinkish sections were supposed to be rusty RED, lol!) .. but then I realized .. "This is a book that will be filled with things about life.  And one of the major things to learn in life .. is that we all will MAKE mistakes.  "Reflect on it, absorb it .. and Move Forward ... "











Of course I was inspired by Tim Holtz and Finnabair.  Vintage, Antique, Grungy, Worn, Old .. I love their styles and products!

Thank you for sticking with me on such a long post!  hehe!  Wishing you all a SAFE & HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Thank you for visiting me and I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Elise

25 comments:

Juls said...

Wow this is stunning :-) xx

Sue said...

WOW! I love your idea of making this special art journal for your Bodhi, he is sure to treasure it. The cover design is stunning. I love the design with such gorgeous textures/details and wonderful colours.
You are a true inspiration Elise in every way.
Happy Halloween!
big hugs Sue xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Awesome hun, it looks so special, you make everything you do look fabulous, Hugs Liz xx

cebelica said...

Girl, no one knows that pinkish section was supposed to be red (except you lol). If you didn't say so, I would be sure you made it pinkish intentionally. As for mistakes, I don't se any. I think this is PERFECT! I'm sure Bodhi will treasure it forever. It's really something special.
Have fun trick or treating! :)
Hugs! xx

Tracy said...

Oh my Elise this is just stunning ! Such a lovely thing for Bodhi and something I'm sure he will treasure forever.
Thank you for your lovely comment, move is all done and we are getting settled into the new home and loving it.
Have a lovely weekend <3 xxx

Marjorie said...

I love this Elise.. and I think Bodhi will love it too, it's such a lovely journey you are embarking on, and to leave little footprints along the way is a lovely idea... looking forward to seeing how this fabulous book progresses:) (hope you will share the odd page or two)...
Big Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Sammy said...

Oh Elise, this is just stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! There's such lovely little details (love those beads!) and I think it's a fantastic idea to give to him later. Bodhi is one very lucky boy!
Enjoy trick-or-treating! x

Annette said...

It's gorgeous Elise. I love the idea of accepting that making mistakes is ok, although I honestly don't think you've made one with this. It's amazing.
Good luck tonight.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Nicole said...

WAUW, AMAZING!!!!! Just love everything on it!! This is sooooo beautiful. And I believe that Bodhi will love it as well, certainly when it's full with your quotes and verses.
Big hugs, Nicole

Carole said...

Oh Elise what a wonderful idea and I am sure Bodhi will treasure this. Happy Halloween to you...enjoy your rick and treating. xx

Danielle Champagne said...

OMG!!!!!!!! Elise. what can I say... this is such a precious gift that you will give him, made by you, from you, and things that you want to transmit to him, such a beautiful way of doing it! the pinkish color goes so well with you style, I would not call it a mistake. perhaps it was made to come out this way! Have a lovely Halloween. Hugs. xox

Christine L said...

Wow Elise.... what a wonderful idea to journal his life and a fabulous way to keep memories and as you say, life's lessons too.. The cover is stunning.

And what an unusual and lovely name he has too...

Big hugs
Christine x

Christine L said...

PS.. I forgot to answer your question! My lovely OH has decorated one of our windows with skeletons and ghosts... has carved a pumpkin to put outside... and has lots of treats ready for the little ones that knock... He's 62 but I'm sure he gets more fun out of it all that the kiddies do!! hehe x

Carol S. said...

This is such a wonderful idea and an amazing gift to give your child. The cover is awesome....would it not be!!...It's an Elise 'Special! I have started a scrapbook of my family, to give my daughter and grandchildren. I am not going back far, just to my grandparents. I am sure Bodhi will treasure it and pass it to his children. Your name and your talent will be admired my many people. Have a lovely weekeng with your family. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Anonymous said...

Wow ! This is such a beautiful book . I really love the style of it xx

Murielle said...

Wow...It's marvelous book.
I love the look vintage and all these details so perfect.
Big hugs, mumur.

Christina C. said...

WOW, WOW, WOW....I had tears in my eyes as I was reading your post! This will be such a precious gift for Bodhi! I do not see a mistake on this masterpiece....absolutely adore the cover, Sweetie!This is brilliant and something he will always treasure and pass on to his children.

Kathy said...

This will surely be a treasure for Bodhi, Elise...it's so beautiful, and will be filled with special messages from his talented and loved Mom...how could it not be? Love your style, my friend!

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

Dangina Martinez said...

Love all the outstanding textures and glitz! I totally need your inspirational talent!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This has worked out a TREAT! Love this project to bits!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Oh wow, this is so beautiful and special. Bodhi is so lucky to be receiving such a wonderful gift and I'm sure he will treasure it and all the inspirational words inside! I love the stunning grunge details. Hope you had a great Halloween.
Rebecca,

Unknown said...

Oh, so pretty, Elise! Very dreamy... Love the metal parts & little beads a lot. :)

Home sweet home said...

WOW!!!!
Your book is STUNNING,love the details and colours.

Fab work:D

Wish you a nice day:)

Merethe

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Elise, I LOVE this idea hunny. What a beautiful keepsake for your wee man. A true keepsake treasure. Love all the special details on the front and your enchanting ink skills hun. Always in awe of those! Big hugs, Wends x