Every year, my parents send me the most beautiful sentimental Birthday cards in the mail. And every year their cards never fail to bring tears to my eyes. And it's not just what comes pre-written in the card, but also what is written by them in the card.
But would you like to hear something really funny? It's my DAD who goes out to buy the cards! LOL! Usually it's the MOM's who goes out and picks the sweet ones, but for me ... it's my one and only DAD. :) I mean, I know it comes from BOTH of their hearts ... but I have to laugh when I think about my Dad in the Hallmark aisle browsing through cards and finding just the PERFECT one. :)
Well, this is a card I've entered into Whiff of Joy Challenge using Jane's lovely sketch. Thank you Jane for this sketch, and this card will go out in the mail to my one and only mom and dad. :)
Let me share with you a card that they have so lovingly given me. It says:
"For a Special Daughter"
You'll Always Have My Love
There are so many gifts
I want for you on your birthday ....
I'd like to give you the gift of wisdom,
but that's something
only the passing years can bring.
I'd like to give you the gift of success,
but that's something
that only has true value
if it is earned.
I'd like to give you the gift of happiness,
but the path that leads you there
is one you must find on your own.
But there is one gift
that I can give you today
that will always be with you -
and that's my love.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Now ... okay, to be honest, tears welling in my eyes is not even beginning to say how I cried. To be truthful, I BAWLED like a little kid and my heart just melted. LOL!
The Fun Stuff:
Stamp: Whiff of Joy
Paper: K&Co
Thank you so much for visiting me and taking the time to leave your sweet comments. :)
xoxo...Elise

5 comments:
Now Elise, I'll tell you that brought tears to my eyes, too! I enjoyed reading your post, what loving parents you have! Your card is lovely and I know they will love it! You are a wonderful daughter. Happy Birthday again!
Ohhhh Elise, it was your Birthday? I didn't know that. :-( Happy belated Birthday and may all your dreams come true!! We both really are blessed to have such wonderful parents. They will LOVE your card.
BIG hugs and take care
Pati
What a stunning card fabulous colouring of the WOJ image and great take on the sketch thanks for joining us this week, hope you had a great birthday
Hugs Jacqui x
Beautiful card, love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at WOJ this week!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~
Elise, I just love this sweet angelic image and you have colored her so beautifully! All that sparkle on her wings is gorgeous and the lace and flowers are the perfect added touch! Love that dp too!
Your parents will love this card I'm sure.
Big hugs,
Charlotte
XXX
Post a Comment