Hey Friends!!! Happy Monday to all of you! Well, well, well, lookie here! SURPRISE!!! Our very own Belles 'n Whistles Blog will be having challenges as well!!! Yayyy!!! So not only will you have bi-weekly challenges on Roses on Paper Blog, but you will have bi-weekly challenges on Belles 'n Whistles!!! How fun is that? You'll have a chance to play weekly with us!
So to kick off our new Belles 'n Whistles Challenge, Kathy gave us the most wonderful theme of ...... MAKE YOUR OWN FLOWERS!!!! So, cut your materials, use your punches, whatever makes you happy ... just make your own flowers!
For mines, I made my very own paper roses!!!! :) I followed the lovely tutorial for it here. But instead of using a 5 petal punch, I've made mines 6 petals.
Well, please don't forget to stop by Belles 'n Whistles Blog and have a ton of fun with us!!! I have to tell you, my fellow sisters are AMAZING!!! Go on over and check it out ... I know they'll inspire you to whip out whatever you have and give this challenge a whirl!
The Fun Stuff:
Stamp: Belles 'n Whistles (store link) Illustration by Elisabeth Bell
Paper: K&Co, MME
Medium: Prisma Colored Pencils
Thanks for stopping by and brightening my day!!!
Always,
Elise


7 comments:
Oh my godddd, I've waited my whole life for this!!!!! What a beautiful creation Elise, I love your flowers, they are a gorgeous touch, love the distressed edges on them and how you've curled the petals. Your papers and colouring are fabulous as usual, I love the coordination of imagery and colour, like, I want to go to Hot Dog On A Stick and get me a lemonade RIGHT NOW!! Beautiful work and I can't wait to see what the other ladies have created, I am sure to be glued to the computer screen staring away!!
Have a wonderful week sugarlips!!
Stephanne
Wowers, Elise, your card is just STUNNING! I'm so lovn your flowers--you did an awesome job, they're beautiful! Love how you curled them and distressed the edges. You go girl, great job as a DT member!!! Congrats again!
Hi sweetie! Wow, this is just beautiful! Of course the roses blow me away to la-la land! I can't believe you MADE them... oh wait, this is incredibly talented Elise we're talking about, of course you made them!
I'm going to RUN to the tutorial and just hope I can have the patience to make flowers with even HALF the beauty of yours. :)
I love your color choices, and your coloring is stunning. Thanks for being such an inspiration!
Cheers,
Susan
Hi Sunshine! I'm gasping over here!!! Wow look at your beautiful card. Oh I just love it. Very very pretty paper and your image is darling and coloured to perfection!!! Okay now onto the flowers WOWZER I am loving them. You will have to show me your secret they are stunning!!!! Is that Stickles or glitter? I love the color. The picture makes it look copper? Well anyhoo it is absolutely breath taking!
Love Bonnie
Love it. Such a gorgeous image. Those flowers are just stunning.Wow. :)
so exciting! Your very first BnW DT card! You never disappoint, always so inspiring with beautiful creations. I love your handmade rose, it's so pretty! I would love to try this, thanks for sharing the tutorial with us. Your coloring is absolutely amazing! I love it to pieces!
GORGEOUS Elise!!! I love your flowers ~ lovely job with our first challenge!! The colors are so pretty and I think this is one of my favorite images!! (Well I think they are all my fav's!! LOL)
:)Kathy
Post a Comment