Sunday, May 5, 2013

Life is a Journey ...

Hey Ya's!  Hope you all had a beautiful weekend!

As you know, Lili of the Valley will have their newest gorgeous Boys release available for online purchase starting May 6th at midday UK time!  Gosh .. these boys are just the cutest lil things aren't they?!!!  And don't forget .. LOTV has started their own official Monthly Challenge for you to enjoy and play!  This month of May, the theme chosen is "Boy oh Boy!"  .. perfect!  :)

Well, so ummmmm .. you've noticed that I kinda need to add flowers to basically everything right?  lol!  And although I feel that boy cards are beautiful with flowers too, I thought I'd try one without since I had a lot of these Tim Holtz findings in my stash.  :)

This precious image is called "Toot Toot!" and I gave him some whitewall tires  ... oh my gosh .. I can just see him driving by a cutie pie girl and tooting that little horn over and over trying to get her attention.  hehe!  




Medium:  Distress Inks
Papers:  MME

I made those little playing cards and used images that I found on The Graphics Fairy and added in a dictionary definition of the word "travel".

I hope you'll spoil yourselves with this DARLING LOTV boy release .. they're just the sweetest things!

Thank you so much for visiting me .. I love it when you do!  See you again very soon!

Hugs,
Elise

17 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love this creation Elise cant wait for midday
jacqui x

Juls said...

this is just fabulous!! Love every detail!! Hugs Juls

Marjolein said...

Well, you've done it!!! ha, ha, a card without flowers and the world didn't fall apart! :-)
Love the Vintage feel to this card and your story of this little fellow is rather funny, ha, ha.
The frantage u used fits well as do all the metall findings of Tim.
And that black striped DP that's just peeping underneath the soft blue, is just great!! Love your boys card!
Thanks for sharing! (playcards are a great find too!)
Bye from the Netherlans,

Marjolein

ps. I hope that little Bodhi is feeling better already?

Sue said...

WOW! This is amazing Elise. I love the cute image and your attention to detail is wonderful. I especially love the playing cards.
Hugs Sue xx

Annette said...

OMG no flowers. Elise, I hope you were sitting down when you posted that card! LOL Honey, it's stunning. Your colouring is perfect as always and I love the cogs.
Annette
xx

Squirrel x said...

So precious hun! I am anxiously watching the clock ready for this release - gotta have them all! Love what you have done with this little chap, he is one handsome guy, but oh my that car is so coooool! Hugs Sxx

Patrice said...

Hello Elise,
I'd really like to ride with this beautiful boy.
What have you made a gem of ... simply splendid.
Greets Patrice

Lau W said...

Just beautiful, so nice details wow !
xxx

Unknown said...

How stinkin’ adorable! It’s a stunner of a card.
Jasmina

Lorraine said...

This is brilliant Elise. I love the new stamp and your colouring looks fabulous as always. The embellies are perfect too.
Lorraine x

Christina C. said...

Totally precious....love those Tim Holtz things.....the film strip is especially awesome! This would also make a great retirement card!
Your coloring, of course, is
BREATHTAKING, as always, and I love the distressing. Gorgeous layers and papers...another great work of art!

Lou said...

Hi!oh i *love* this so much Elise,really amazing design and love all the little bits of detail-just perfect!!
Hope you have had a lovely weekend,
such sweet images and really can't decide which one to colour next:)
BIG hug,Lou.xxxx

Shirley N said...

Incredible and so amazing Elise! Love all the extras you always add on to make your cards unique. Love!!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Elise, that's inspired hun. I LOVE the lil' playing cards, they are fabulous!! It's a fab image and beautifully coloured as always. Hugs, Wends x

Patti said...

All the detailing and color choices makes this stamp irresistable!

Dena said...

Wow! You are full of inspiration on this one! LOVE the added embellishments like the cogs and little journey tag, CUTE ideas! I really love it without the flowers, I mean, it's so perfect just as it is!! Chalk up another GORGEOUS card by Elise!!!
Hugs, Dena

Unknown said...

WOW Elise - I LOVE this card - I'm so not a boys card kinda girl, but the great little touches of metal, the film roll & those cards have just stunned me!!! Love how you've used the Frantage it looks great like that - I think I may be putting too much on my projects! ha. (though me going over the top is maybe not such a shock!)
Hugs, Deb.x