Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The SugarBowl Challenge #32

Hey Friends!  Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!  I made this card for The SugarBowl Challenge #32 - Sketch by You.  We got to choose a sketch from their library that we wanted to use ... how fun is that?!  I loved the idea, especially since I've been aching to use this precious Sugar Nellie stamp for sooo long now!

So I chose to work with the sketch from Challenge #15!  :)

Now, I'm finally getting round to using my Martha Stewart punches a bit more, and I've been put under such "peer pressure" from my sweet friend Shirley.  lol!  She uses all kinds of MS punches and nesties ... so .... I had to go and buy myself more MS punches, and *gasp*, I finally took the plunge and ordered some nesties!  Naughty Naughty Shirley ... you're very persuasive!  LOL!!!

Well, here is my very simple card, the image is big enough to where you really can't layer too many papers and have it seen:






The Fun Stuff:
Image:  Sugar Nellie (Elisabeth Bell)
Paper:  K&Co
Medium:  Prisma Colored Pencils

Have a wonderful hump day tomorrow!  (Tomorrow is Wednesday ... therefore the "hump" day.  Get your minds out of the gutter!)  LOL!
xoxo...Elise

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh Elise, those beautiful butterflies!!! I'm in love! They are gorgeous and the flower centers on the two pink hydrangeas is a great idea. I always flip mine the other way. I like the way you use it! Your card is always breath taking. ~Chelsea

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the 3 dimensional butterflies!! Hugs Juls

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh Elise this is STUNNING!!! Love your coloring sweetie!!! The details are FAB!!
hugs, Janiel

Mandy said...

Elise your card is beautiful hun, love the image, the colours, the embellies, it's all gorgeous.
OMG Elise I was shocked you didn't have nestie's or MS punches (until now)I thought they were a crafters essentials and you have managed to make sooooooo many stunning cards without them, now I'm really jealous lol
hugs Mandy xx

Stempeltiger said...

WOW! This card is STUNNING Elise!
Love the sweet image - you've coloured the little girl beautifully.
Have a nice day.
Hugs from Swantje

Debbie said...

A gorgeous card Elise, the image is sooo sweet and I love the beautiful colours and all the fab details.
Hugs
Debbie x

Randi said...

Elise this is so gorgeous! I love the Fall-ish colors. I LOVE your use of the punches. You did some amazing things with them. I especially love that layered block you created for the bottom part! And your added butterflies and flowers are perfect compliments.

I loved your comment! Yes, I think we should be neighbors!! We'd probably never get any sleep, but think of all the fun we'd have embellishing til the sun came up!

Murielle said...

Wow...Fabulous card, Elise!
Your scene is so sweet.
I love as always.
Have a nice day
Big Hugs, Mumur

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hi sweetie pie! Beautiful card. I love the paper and of course you ROCKED the coloring! So look at those adorable butterflies!!! Did you make them??? Ohh-La-La they are adorable. Your MS punching is beautiful. Wonderful job! Just say "YES" to scrappers peer preasure! hee hee
Love Bonnie

Therese said...

So very beautiful, I just love the colors and your coloring. The use of MS punches are fab, it looks fantastic. Have a wonderful day. :)

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful card!!! I luv this image. Fab colouring. Luv the butterflies. I have a huge thing for butterflies :o)

xoxo,
Lori

Jodi said...

Elise, this is just gorgeous!! I love the pretty coloring and papers you used for your card!! She is a very sweet image too!
Hugs
Jodi =)