Hi Friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I didn't really do anything much so this afternoon I took my little boy out for a drive. Just a drive. He loves to go for rides in the car, and sometimes he and I will just hop in the car and go for a spin just to be out of the house.
I remember growing up in Hawaii, and my dad would do that for us. We'd just hop in the car, and head nowhere in particular ... just wherever the wheels takes us is where we went. I loved it! We'd take long drives out to the ocean where the roads were not paved, it was just rocks. I'd sit in the back of the truck in the open with the salty wind just blowing ... I loved it!
And once in awhile, I'd knock on the glass of the truck window and ask my dad to stop the truck so I could pick a wild flower (as long as it was nowhere near spiritual ground ... oh gosh ... we are soooo superstitous in Hawaii! LOL!) And I've found that I've carried those beliefs over with me to Vegas. LOL! I will not move a stone unless it is the stones I walk upon!!
Anyway ... how did I get off track here?! Well, this is my card for The Sugar Bowl Sketch 29. Thank you Tiet for such a lovely sketch!!! We also had to include 3 flowers, 2 brads, and 1 button. My button is under the ribbon.
Image: Elisabeth Bell (Sugar Nellie)
Papers: K&Co
Medium: Prismacolor Pencils
Hope you all have a great Monday! Thank you so much for visiting me and taking the time to leave me such kind comments! I appreciate it a lot!!!
xoxo...Elise


8 comments:
Hello my dear blogging-friend!
I very much hope that you are doing fine and that you had a nice weekend. Wow, I just love your Easel-Cards. This is again such a fantastic one. I like the colour combination, the flowers and the many layers you used.
Thank you by the way for your comment on my blog. It always cheers me up. :-)
BIG hugs and take care!
Pati
Don't you just love making these easel card...I just love them. The lace bow is pretty, always a new element on your card. The little pearl spray is lovely too. Just wonderful Elise! ~Chelsea
Love your stories, Elise. Your son will grow up with beautiful memories too! And, another beautiful easel card--your image is sooo adorable!
Elise your card is so beautiful. Fantastic job clouring. You are amazing with those Prismacolor pencils. Sugar Nellie is so precious I just love her hat and little braid hanging down her back. The flowers are beautiful where did you get them????
Your story cracked me up they are always so cute. Your such a great Mommy!
Love ya Bon Bon
Beautiful card!! Love your pretty colors and beautiful coloring!!
Thanks so much for playing along in Tiets sketch!
:)Kathy
Elise this is stunning!!! You have such an eye for color! Love every detail on this! And, your layering is flawless!! Gorgeous creation!!
GORGEOUS i love the papers on this one and the image is as always coloured to perfection, gorgeous hun big hugs Pops x
Elise, I love your story of how you just drove your son around! My son loves to see things from the car...nature especially and is not one for all those handheld gadgets...he is my sweet nature boy! It just melts my heart when he picks me flowers, even the dandelions that he loves so much!! Thanks for sharing a little bit about your life. You are so sweet.
Ooops, I almost forgot to comment on your card!!! LOL....it is another beautiful creation! I love making those easel cards as much as you do I think! We have the same love for the Elisabeth Bell cuties too! You've done such a stunning job with all the flowers and embellies on this one. Another masterpiece my friend.
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX
Post a Comment