Saturday, March 27, 2010

Crafting Life's Pieces Challenge #23

Hi Friends!  Hope you're all having a great weekend!  Today I finally went to give my hair a "trim", and my hairdresser did more than just a "trim".  She was a bit happy with the scissors, and cut my hair all the up to my COLLARBONE!!!  We were so busy yapping about movies and shows, and she just kept snipping away with the scissors ... and yep ... she must've cut about 6 inches off my hair!

Well, it's just hair, and it'll grow back to where I'd like it to be in about 5 YEARS!!!!  LOL!  I'm kidding!  I love my hairdresser, she rocks!

Anyway, I made the following card for Crafting Life's Pieces Challenge #23!  Thank you so much Chelsea for another BEAUTIFUL sketch!  If you've not visited Chelsea's blog, you simply must!  Her creations are simply amazing and inspirational and you're in for a real eye candy TREAT!




The Fun Stuff:
Stamp:  Kisses Girl by Gurlee Girl
Papers:  K&Co
Medium:  Prismacolor Pencils

Thank you for visiting me!!  I'm going to put on my lovely Edward and try to craft at the same time ... is it possible to get any crafting done?  We'll see ...
xoxo...Elise

8 comments:

stephanne said...

You've just scared me out of a haircut, I have been trying to talk myself into going to a salon but I have not had much luck in the ways of good haircuts EVER, well, there was the Paul Mitchell demonstrator at my beauty school who did awesome things to my head, but besides her... I was actually practicing what I would ask for in my car while I was driving today, lol, not kidding either, but now, oh man.... Perhaps your hair girl thought, you know, as a busy mom on the go, that she would save you the trouble of having to come back so soon by lopping off loads all at once??!?

THAT RIBBON!!!! I need some of it, like 89 yards or so!! Love Chelseas darling image coloured so gorgeously by you, the papers and flowers are divine, a breath of wonderful springtime air and the LO looks gorgeous with all of your personal touches included!! Maybe Edward is your muse rather than your distraction!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Stephanne

Gry-Beate said...

WoW, what a beautiful card!! Love all the detail you have jused,
and all the lovely colors!!

Happy Easter!!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Murielle said...

Wow....my dear Elise, your card is just stunning!!!!!
I love the style and your image is adorable.
Great work as always.
Big hugs, Mumur

Chelsea said...

Hi Elise, so sorry about your hair cut. Can you imagine how short it would get if you girls keep chit chatting away? lol I bet you still look lovely with short hair. :)

This is the most beautiful colored Gurlee Girl I've ever seen! I love the green and blue background too. This is just amazing! Wow! Thanks for using this sketch for your beautiful card. ~Chelsea

Juls said...

Fab!! Grat image, and such a stylish card!! Hugs Juls

Shirley N said...

Like you said, hair grows back but it must have been a shocker. But I know you look beautiful no matter what the length!

This card is jaw-dropping GORGEOUS, a STUNNER, Elise! I feel like I'm in fairy land or dream land. It's soooo pretty!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh Elise honey your hair will grow back. They say it is health for a good cut. I bet you still look gorgeous!!
This card is just amazing! You gave Kisses Girl a whole new and fabulous look. WOW goes to show what a talented artist like you has the capability to see beyond. STUNNING!!!!!
lOVE YA Bon Bon

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Ooh, sorry about your hair, sweets! it must have been a shock, but a well-cut one! You're so right - hair grows back, and and who knows? maybe you'll like it shorter. :)

This card is delicious! I'm over the moon about the shape behind the Girlie Gurl! Wowzers! Everything is coordinated and balanced so perfectly. You rock!

Cheers,
Susan