Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lucky To Have You

*Update March 7:  I was the random winner for Paper Sundaes!  Thank you so much girls for totally making my day!  I so appreciate this!*

Hey Friends!  Hope you're all having a great week!  My week has been pretty good, and the other night I came across something that really hit home big time.  While I do my crafting, I play my Yahoo music video playlist most of the time.  And I found this video by Colbie Caillat ... I really think I like her music now!  Well, this video I found is called "The Little Things".

It takes place on the island of Kauai, and although I am originally from the Big Island, the scenery in the video reminded me of back home.  Exactly like home.  Oh how my heart just ached.  But it was not just the scenery that did something to me.  It was the things she did in the video that made me reminisce of me growing up back home.

Having a cookout in the backyard with the wooden fence with tons of friends and family, and everyone is just yippity yapping and using their fingers to eat!  LOL!  But most of all ... the times where she is with her girlfriends having fun swimming.  Oh gosh.  To do all of those things again without a care in the world again.  Our beaches in Hilo were not sandy at all.  It was ROCK.  lol.  So, I'd take off my slippers and walk barefoot along the jagged rocks.  (You're less likely to slip and fall if you're barefoot).  And I guess because I was so used to walking barefoot on jagged rocks, my feet never hurt.  And when you sunbathed, you'd have to find the SMOOTHEST rock you could find to lay on.  lol!!!

Anyway, thought I'd share that with you, and therefore, this card that I'm entering into the following challenges is what I'd look like if I ever got to go home to visit.  I'd be so happy to embrace and hold my loved ones and friends one by one so close in a tight hug!!!




Here are the challenges I'm entering:

1. Paper Sundaes :  Sketch
2.  Pile It On :  Lucky Me
3.  Rosie D's :  Friendship
4.  Simon Says Stamp :  Mother's Day/Girly
5.  Creative Inspirations :  Lace, Pins, & Pearls

The Fun Stuff:
Image:  Elisabeth Bell (Ladybug & Friends)
Paper:  K&Co
Medium:  Prismacolor pencils

Thank you for visiting me and bearing with my long post!  lol!  Have a great crafting day!
xoxo...Elise

19 comments:

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! I love this image!! gorgeous colouring! and your floral detail is amazing! Hugs Juls

Brenda said...

This is a great card! Good luck with the challenges. I love the way you add all the details to it! What a great image!

Danderella said...

Wow, this is just absolutely gorgeous! Your colouring is fabulous and your choice of papers etc is perfect. A true artist! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

Randi said...

Another amazing creation Elise!! Such gorgeous coloring on these cuties! I love all of your detailed easel cards. Your embellishments and flowers are always such a beautiful compliment to your image!

stephanne said...

Awww, I feel ya there missy, I get so homesick and going home is just not in the cards, too much money. I am from SoCal and I tell ya, I can't turn on the tv without a reminder of home, from the stretching deserts to the Hollywood Hills, and it's like, awwww nuts, I wish I could be sitting on the beach right this minute, frolicking on the sandy shore with friends and family. Out here I don't have friends, I don't have family, except for what I personally spawned, hehe, and I sure as heck don't have sandy beaches and darnit, I just get so homesick at times that I end up writing a 12 sentence rant about it on poor innocent Elises blog!!

Very sweet creation and I am very much in tune with the why of it. It is completely gorgeous, I might add, your colouring is fabulous and I love the flowers you have grouped together, love the sewing and lace bow. LOVE IT!!!!

And uhhh, next time I am driving home I am stopping by your place for a craft session ;)

Aunty Sue said...

stunning card and thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations

Shirley N said...

I love reading your stories Elise. But I got a hunch that knowing how Hawaii people love Vegas, you probably get a lot of family coming over pretty often LOL! Love your beautiful card Elise! Your DP and embellies always add the perfet touch and your coloring is so beautiful! Plus I wish I could get my machine to sew like that!

CarlaKH said...

What a gorgeous card...the coloring is fabulous and the details too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Mervi said...

Wow Gorgeous! Your colouring is fab and the image is so perfect to this Friendship challenge at Rosie D's.
Thanks for joining us;-))m

Wendy said...

That is a very gorgeous card you made!! Love everything on it. great work.

Murielle said...

OH...Elise, I love your card so adorable!
Beautiful papers used and colours.
I adore your image and flowers.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Mumur

Pop's Cards said...

I love bare feet and my feet are hard, but i wouldnt sunbathe on a rock what are you like (smile) this is gorgeous hun really pretty colours too, have a great weekend hugs Pops x x x

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Elise, This is so Beautiful!!! Love all of the details!
Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations.
hugs, Janiel

Christine said...

What an amazing card!! Your image is coloured so beautifully! I love everything about this card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Tracy said...

Beautiful entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D's challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Saskia said...

Lovely 'Friends-card'!!
Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge! We hope to see you back next challenge! :)

Greetigns, Saskia :)

Magda said...

Lovely card Elise!
Great colours and the image.
Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D`s challenge.
Magda :)

Rosanne said...

Sweet card, love that image! Thanks for playing along at Pile It On!

Chris (catt871) said...

This card is beautiful!!! I love that image and your papers and embellishments are PERFECT!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!!
Chris & the DT