Hey Friends! It's yet another week at The Beary Scraps blog, and this week, our theme is "Fathers Day"! Oh gosh, and you know how much I adore my dad!!!! He's a very inspiring person in my life, teaching me the most important things ... such as "Enjoy life everyday." He's such a wonderful person, he has not a single unkind thing to say and he sees the beautiful things in life ... always.
The last time my parents came out here to visit us in May, he told my little 3 year old, "Ohhhh it's such a BEAUTIFUL day! Look at the trees, and the grass, the flowers, the sun ... aren't we so lucky to see such beauty?!" And my little one LOVES his Grandpa and readily agreed.
Now even a month later, my little boy will say, "Oh mommy, it's such a BEAUTIFUL day! The trees, the flowers, the grass ... it's beautiful!" And the first thing that comes to my mind is, "I love you dad .. for teaching my son to voice the sweet simple, yet extraordinary things in life."
So this card goes to my special one of a kind dad:
The Fun Stuff:
Image: Whiff of Joy (Elisabeth Bell)
Papers: K&Co
Medium: Prisma Colored Pencils
Other: Martha Stewart Punches, Distress Ink, Robin's Nest Dew Drops (I can't get enough of these .. love em!)
Hope you're all having a lovely week so far! Thank you so much for visiting me and I'll see ya soon! Don't forget to take part in our Beary Sweet Challenge #3 ... which is a lovely sketch by our own wonderful Susan!!!
Hugs,
Elise

9 comments:
oh Elise this is wonderful! Perfect boys card with a beautiful image and colored perfectly! I'm so in love with that Marthe Stewart punch.. I think I'll have to purchase one myself (you enabler! *lol*)
{hugs} Sylvia
Hi hun, your card is so gorgeous, love the image and colours you've used, it's all perfect.
Your dad sounds like a truly lovely man with a wonderful outlook on life
hugs Mandy xx
Oh Gosh Elise, you make me tear up first thing in the morning! I know how much your parents mean to you. I can see why you are so sweet and loving every second of life. Your father will treasure this card for always.
Ah Elise. This is very beautiful card. The image just profect coloured. You are such a tallent. Love your work. Hugs, Nataliya.
WOW....great creation, my dear Elise!!!
I love your design and the details so gorgeous.
You have maked a wonderful card for man.
Thank you so much for your comments so nice in my card.
Big Hugs, Mumur
Always love your stories Elise, this one made me misty eyed. I can see why you are so full of life and your dad's influence is now blossoming in your son. How beautiful! And, speaking of beautiful, this card is BEAUTIFUl!!! Love your layout, your colors and this gorgeous image--what a hunk! Have a beautiful day Elise!!!
Your card is gorgeous Elise, bet our dad will love it!
Clairex
Perfect card for Father's Day or any guy card!! I love the coloring and the papers you chose too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)
Oh Elise what a beautiful card for a beautiful person. Your dad sounds wonderful and he is very lucky to have you as his daughter!
Your card is amazing. I totally love the image and colours are perfect. I'm sure dad is going to gush over it.
Love you Bonnie
Post a Comment