Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Declaration of Friendship

Hi Friends!  It's the end of June ... can you believe it?!  I sure can't!  As you know, this week at The Beary Scrap blog, our project is a "Photo Inspiration".  And what came to my mind was the Declaration of Independence.  When I saw this Magnolia Tilda, it looked like she could be writing something pretty important in that journal of hers with that old fashioned feather quill.  :)  So I decided she's writing up a different kind of Declaration of Friendship.  It's going to be for someone that she hasn't kept in touch with for ages.

I think Tilda wants her friend to know that even though they haven't kept in touch as often as she'd like, that she's declaring they will still remain Forever Friends!  But aha .. in her Declaration of Friendship, she's decided that they simply MUST get in touch more often!!!

I also used the colors red, white, blue and brown as they are also the colors in the photo inspiration.  :)



I am also entering this card into:
Stamp Something : something vintage with flowers

The Fun Stuff:
Image:  Magnolia
Papers:  K&Co
Medium:  Prisma Colored Pencils

Don't forget to stop by The Beary Scrap blog tomorrow to see our new challenge!  Have a most wonderful day!!!

Hugs,
Elise

10 comments:

majo said...

i love this card verry much. the colors are great. and the skets is fab. hug majo

Juls said...

just too gorgeous! Love the little tag! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

This is great! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something.

hugs,
Renata

Chelsea said...

Oh look at her pigtails, such a cute image and so lovely colored.
By the way, did you know that she is a lefty? lol I don't know where that came from...hahhaaa.
I love that she is in her blue dress, make her stands out from the card. Just Beautiful once again!
Luv,
Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Hey Elise! This is a stunner! Love it! :)

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hi Sunshine! OMGosh this card is gorgeous! What an absolutely darling image!!! I love her little piggy tails. Wow amazing job in colouring her and I love the colors you chose! Very Very Beautiful papers. Gosh Elise your work is just fabulous I could just feast my eyes on it for hours!!!
Love Bonnie

D said...

What a gorgeous card! Love your little girl and the flowers. So cute!

Shirley N said...

Oh my, your friend will absolutely LOVE this, Elise!!! This card is GORGEOUS, I so love the vintage look of your cards. Tilda is just adorable and I love how you colored her. We must talk about your prisma coloring later... AWESOME card and coloring!!!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! Tilda looks so pretty sitting there in her fab dress. Luv the pretty flowers and lace.

xoxo,
Lori

stephanne said...

And no erasees with that quill, either dear Tilda, so once you put it all out there, dear Tilda, it's written in stone, essentially!! Love your card Elise, the touches of glitter are delightful and I love the blue outfit to really set things off, gorgeous shape too, I love that she's got her little footsies dangling out of there and your shadow looks fabulous!! Your long lost friend is sure to love this!!