Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thinking of You Makes Me Happy

Hello and happy Thursday to all of you!  I hope your week is going WONDERFULLY thus far!  Well it's almost the weekend again, so it's all good right?  lol!

For todays card I used the lovely Princess Tales from the "Forever Young" collection at Belles 'n Whistles Store.  Look at her ... she's soooo delighted about whatever it is she's thinking about!  :)  For me, when I made this card, I thought of a girl that is sooo happy thinking of a sweet friend that she's excited to see!  And in her little goodie princess bag?  I picture not only candies (chocolates of course... lol!), but also crafting goodies!!!  hehe! 

So in my mind, I envisioned a happy Princess off to visit her dear friend and they're going to eat choco's while crafting (mind you, they have to eat nicely so the candy doesn't melt all over the crafts!)  lol!

Here's my card:


I'm not sure if the shimmer in her dress and glitter around the image is visible like how I see it in person, but I added this to give her a "sparkly glow".  Because well, you know .. when you're so excited and happy .. everyone has a "Sparkly Glow"!  :) 

That's it for now, and I hope we'll see you for our ongoing weekly challenges at Belles 'n Whistles blog!  This week is still our lovely challenge of "Pink, White & Brown" and you still have time to whip something up!  Come on!  Join us in the fun!  :)

Hope you have a SPARKLY day!  lol!
Elise

One more thing!!!  I just received 2 awards from such a lovely person ... Cheryl!  Thank you sooooo very very much Cheryl, as I am truly honored that you have passed this on to me ... it means a ton!  Now Cheryl is another sweet gal that you simply must visit!!!  Her blog is full of WONDERFUL inspiration and you'll be thankful and delighted that you've found her!!!


I'll see you again soon!
Elise



14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Absolutely stunning,love your beautiful colouring and embellishments!!! BTW I have some awards on my blog for you!!
Hugs xx

Sylvia Blum said...

aww.. SO elegant!!! Love the 'sparkly glow' you put around her :-) And that red and gold papers are so delicious - GREAT card!
{hugs} Sylvia

angelique (anlou) said...

what a gorgeous card, just perfect
congrats with the awards, you've urn it
hugs angelique

Juls said...

so so gorgeous! Love your colouring! Hugs Juls

Murielle said...

OH...Elise, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!
I love your composition and your image is very adorable.
Big Hugs, Murielle

stephanne said...

ooooh, this glimmery goldiness is fantastic!! The colours are so regal yet elegant enough for this little lady to play in, love the corners you've added and the image of course, is completely precious!! Oh oh oh, let's not forget about those flowers, lovin' the pop of red, very nice work, of course, what is new about that!!!
Blowing bubbles your way,
Stephanne

Shirley N said...

When I saw this on the BnW blog, I knew it was one of your beauties! This image is so you, sweet, beautiful, charming and so full of life! Another gorgeous card Elise!

Vanja said...

Beautiful card, Elise! Fabulous papers.
Hugs, vanja

Love crafts forever said...

Amazing card. Very beautiful image, and paper are so gorgeous. I love your colors too. Hugs, Nataliya.

Alma said...

Wow I love your card, this girl is sooooooo sweet and your design is stunning!
Hugs,Alma

Lori said...

I LOVE this Elise!!! I adore bling : ) I am sorry to report that I did not have a SPARKLY day hee hee!!! I plan to SPARKLE all day tomorrow though : ) It was just 'one of those days...'

You've been busy collecting awards! That's cuz you are so lovable ♥

Love and hugs ~
Lori

Chelsea said...

I second that too Lori! You are so loveable Elise! :)
I love your imagination, the story you have behind each card is awesome!
But you know, my bag would be much bigger than that! All those craft supplies. lol
Beautiful card and cute corner punches.
Luv,
Chelsea

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeously stunning :) :) big hugs love Pops x

Stempeltiger said...

This card is soooo AMAZING Elise.
The image is so cute and your colouring is awesome.
Wish you a nice day.
Lots of hugs, Swantje x